confirmation preparation - lesson 6
1. To begin today, turn to John 17:6 in your Bible. If you don't have a Bible accessible, turn to page 45 in your textbook. Now, take a deep breath and quiet your mind. Our opening prayer today is an excerpt from Sacred Scripture. So, as you read it, you will be prayerfully meditating the Word of God.
In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, read John 17:6, 13, 20-23 either in the Bible or in your textbook, page 45.
2. Consider this: A person's last prayer is pretty important. What they pray about in that moment reveals the highest priority burning in their hearts. In the opening prayer today, you read an excerpt from Jesus' last prayer on earth before His death. Go ahead and read the excerpt again. As you read, pay attention to how high a priority the unity of his people is to Him.
3. now dive in on page 46. Read A Time Machine as an introduction to the first video.
4. Watch the lesson 6 videos and answer the questions corresponding to each segment on page 47.
Sign in to Ascension Press to watch your video lessons
Get to know the saints
This week we are introduced to two holy people in the history of the Church:
- A determined, young American man drawn to the priesthood.
Read Fr. Augustine Tolton's story on pages 48 and 49.
- A brilliant young woman of Jewish roots who lived in Nazi Germany and defended female dignity.
Read about St. Teresa Benedicta (Edith Stein) on page 50.
Homework: Submit an answer to the question below.