confirmation preparation - lesson 19
"Who is Mary? " Meeting the Mother of God--and your heavenly family.
To begin our lesson on Mary, let's open with prayer through her intercession! Practice now praying what is called a decade of the rosary. The term "decade" represents the 10 Hail Mary's prayed within it. Each decade begins by announcing a mystery of our Catholic Faith, and then by proceeding through ten Hail Mary's, we contemplate the mystery we announced. So let's begin!
+ In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
The First Joyful Mystery of the rosary: The Annunciation
"And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son and you shall call His name Jesus." - Luke 1:31
Hail Mary... (10 times)
Dive in! Read the story of St. Gianna Beretta Molla on page 176 as an introduction to learning about the motherhood of Mary.
Now log into your Chosen study on ascensionpress.com and Watch it!
- What are some ways you can pray for others and ask others to pray for you?
- If you could talk to a saint in heaven, what would you ask him or her to pray for?
- What drew you to the saint name you have chosen for Confirmation? Which of his or her qualities would you like to imitate?
- In what ways can the dogma of the Immaculate Conception be understood in light of our need to build a "Culture of Life"?
- How would you respond to someone who says that Jesus had brothers and that Mary was not a perpetual virgin?
- Describe your relationship with Mary. When and how do you like to pray to her (asking her to pray for you)?
- How can devotion to Mary and the saints help you develop and strengthen your relationship with God?
- What are some ways that you can begin now to develop a lifelong relationship with Mary and the saints?
To the Heart with Jason Evert
on pages 178-179
Hero of the Week
on page 180. Our hero is St. Louis De Montfort, a saint who has led many people to Christ through Mary.
Review the terms from this lesson on pages 182-184.
- Communion of Saints
- Motherhood of Mary
God bless you always!