Confirmation prep - lesson 20
"What would Jesus do?" The Beatitudes as a Path to True Happiness
Today, let's begin by praying with Scripture hearing the words Jesus spoke in His "sermon on the mount." In this sermon Jesus gave, He tells us of the beatitudes. Let's hear them now.
+ In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit...
prayer on page 185
Dive in! With the Eight Steps of Happiness
on page 186.
Then, Watch it! by logging into your Chosen study on Ascension Press.
- Which Beatitude resonates most with you?
- Which one do you need to work on the most?
- What can you do to work on it?
- What does being holy have to do with being happy?
- How can living the Beatitudes make us happier and more peaceful?
- What are some ways you can help the poor in your community?
- Name some things that are important in life that people do not pay enough attention to.
- What distracts us or keeps us from paying attention to the important things in life?
- What is the difference between being a "big deal" in the world and being truly "great"?
- What can you do to focus more on the things that will matter forever?
To the Heart with Mary Ann Wiesinger
on pages 188-189
Read the story of our
Hero of the Week,
St. Francis of Assisi on page 190.
Conclude by solidifying the key words we learned in this lesson on page 192-194:
"May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith." - St. Teresa of Avila